BYU

A Weekend of Sports

I was really bummed out on Friday because I woke up at 1:00 AM and I was sick. So I got to stay home, but that wasn't good because I had so many things going on! 


The cheerleaders were conducting the assembly and also cheering at the Varsity game so I had to miss that. And I already had all my stuff out! 

But my parents and friends updated me on how the game was going. We played Alta and we played pretty well. At halftime the score was 48-14! We let them catch up a little bit the second half, but we still won 48-28!

And then on Saturday, our day was filled with football again! Both my brothers had games in Heriman and Lehi. I chose to stay home because I still wasn't feeling very good. But for those games we were 1-1! 

And then there was the BYU game! I was really pumped because of how we did last week. But then East Carolina got a touchdown right away and then blocked our punt! So in the first quarter we were down 14-0. But then in the second quarter we did so much better. We scored and then blocked their punt!

In the second half we rocked it! Algie Brown got like three more touchdowns! But then Tanner Mangum got hurt. I was really frustrated at the beginning of the season when Taysom Hill got hurt, and I was not ready to go through that again! But the good thing was that Tanner came back in during the 4th quarter and lead the team to another touchdown. The final score was 48-28.

This weekend was filled with filled with lots of sports and fun! So that means that I’m really sad that football season is almost over because I enjoy watching football and the intensity of it. But the super exciting thing about football season ending is that basketball season can begin, and basketball is my favorite sport! I love sports and I’m very grateful I have the opportunity to watch them!


Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments