Missions

I’ve been thinking a lot the past couple of days about missions and missionary work. I went to the farewell of my good friend who just left on her mission today. I’ve had a  lot of thoughts about her and her family and the purpose of a missionary.


The definition of a missionary that I’ve heard a lot lately is this. ¨Someone who leaves their families for a short time so that others can be with theirs for eternity.¨


I think this definition fits perfectly. An LDS mission for boys is 2 years, and for girls it is 18 months. To me and many others this seems like a very long time. But if you think about it in the span of a lifetime, it¨s not very long at all. And if you can bless others lives too than I believe it is worth it.


I have been thinking for a long time that I wanted to serve a mission, but some experiences that have happened lately have made me even more excited. It is a once in a lifetime experience that you can't trade it for anything else.

But the thing that scares me most about serving a mission is being away from home. I have to always remind myself that I am in good hands and I'm going to be protected and blessed. Knowing that makes me a lot more excited and willing to serve a mission.

I know that a mission is a very important thing. I'm very grateful for all the missionaries currently serving and blessing many lives. I am continuing to prepare and strengthen my testimony so that I can be ready when the time comes for me to serve a mission.





Always have hope,
Colby








You Might Also Like

0 comments