A Reverent and Holy Attitude

I've been thinking about a lot of things ever since yesterday. I had the opportunity to attend two sacrament meetings. A farewell of one of my good friends, and then two homecomings in my ward. 


The common theme in the ward I visited was reverence. All three speakers talked about the importance of reverence and how it can make a difference in our lives. 

One of my good friends talked about how she had read on a blog how we can receive vaccinations from Satan's temptations. I had never thought about this as a way we can be closer to Jesus. She started off by saying that, like sickness, there is really no way we can avoid Satan's ideas, but we can find other ways to stay closer to God so that those ideas are less tempting. One of the ways we can do that is to show reverence. Reverence is a lot more than sitting still and being quiet, it is showing love and respect. 

"Reverence is profound respect and love. A reverent attitude toward God includes honoring Him, expressing gratitude to Him, and obeying His commandments."

The sister that was leaving on her mission also had some great thoughts on reverence. She quoted from a sister's talk where she shared 3 places where we should have reverence. In our meetings, our homes, and our hearts. I think if we have reverence in our hearts, it can be a lot easier to show reverence in the other places. 

There are a lot of distractions in our lives that can prevent us from feeling peace and reverence. I think that if we can put away our distractions like phones and other electronics, we will be able to feel more peace. 

I think reverence can be a very important part of our lives and bless us in many ways. If we are reverent than we will be more receptive to the promptings and feelings that we need to receive. Reverence can set the path for many more things.

Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments