The Power of Prayer

I’ve been thinking the past couple of days about prayer, and how important that is and can be in our lives. Prayer is the way we can have direct communication with heaven and can receive direction and guidance that way. 

In my church, we have been counseled a lot about prayer and what benefits and help it can give. When I was little, they would tell me in Primary that I needed to say my prayers every morning and night and then with my family. I think it was one of those things where I just did it because I was told to, not because it meant something to me. 

Another part of prayer is the repentance process. Through this we can be forgiven of our mistakes and sins. By praying to God, he makes it so we can forget our mistakes and move on in our lives. 

The first time I remember doing this was a bug step in my life. On a Sunday, I couldn’t find the outfit I wanted my doll to wear. I looked everywhere I could think of and still couldn’t find it. Then I decided to say a prayer and within a few minutes I was able to find it. This really testified to me of the power of prayer.

Since starting high school, I've had to say a lot more prayers than usual, which I guess is good! But it's allowed me to think about what I need and receive comfort through hard times. 

I'm very grateful for the power of prayer and that I can use it in my life. It has blessed me in so many ways and I've become a better person because of it. 

Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments