Holiday Delights

This weekend was filled with fun Christmas parties and other family activities. On Thursday we had the Now I Can Christmas party. The ward party was on Friday, along with a fun basketball game. 

The Now I Can party is one of my favorites every year. It is so fun to see the joy on the kids' faces as they play the games and receive gifts. This year my friend and I got to help with the karaoke station. Some of those kids can get very into those songs! It was a very good evening of service and made the party more enjoyable. Plus, there was good food!

On Friday, we had our ward Christmas party. We did it a little bit different this year than in years past. There was activities for the kids starting at 5, so they could sit still later. And then the dinner started at 6. I got to lead the opening hymn, Joy to the World. The Primary kids sang a very upbeat version of Jingle Bells. Since my dad is the new Bishop, he read a story to the ward about Santa Claus. Later, members of the ward went caroling and brought meals to those who couldn't attend. 

Right after the ward party, my friend and I went to the Provo High basketball game. When we got there it was 0-0. But we started scoring and the lead would change every few minutes. In the middle of the 4th quarter, we were up by 11, but then we started losing it. With .6 seconds left, they made a 3, sending it into overtime. Those 4 minutes were some of the longest of my life. It went back and forth with both teams on the free throw line constantly. But we ended up winning by 5. It was super intense. 

I'm grateful for this time of year and the many activities we can enjoy, Christmas related or not. This is one of my favorite times of the year and I'm looking forward to the rest of the month. 


Christmas Advent GIF day 7

Luke 1: 41-42 - "When Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb."




Always have hope,


Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments