Happy Birthday Mom!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday. I will be eternally grateful for my mom and all the things she has taught me and helped with with in my life. I would like to dedicate this post to her and share some fun memories and things that I appreciate about her. 


One thing that I really look up to my mom for is her leadership skills. Pretty much throughout her whole life, and throughout her whole career, she has been an amazing leader. With running Now I Can she always knows how to do things the right way and can teach them to others. I hope I can be a great leader like her someday. 

My mom and I often have little outings together. We go and do a lot of different things. We go and get pedicures or just go walk around the mall. It is lots of fun and it's a great way for us to spend time with each other. I was commenting the other day that I was sad I don't have a sister, and my mom immediately responded "You have me"! When she said that I realized that it was so true. My mom can be exactly like a sister to me because she is always there for me. 




My mom has always been a great mother and have taught my brothers and I so many valuable things. I was thinking about one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon, Alma 56:48. The stripling warriors are fighting for the lives of their families. And when speaking of their mothers, they said "We do not doubt our mothers knew it."




I know that everything my mom teaches me she knows will be valuable to me later in my life. Sometimes as teenagers, it's hard to keep in mind that we don't know everything and that our parents' have had a lot more experience and they know what they are doing. I'm grateful for everything my mom has taught me, and what she will continue to teach me. 




One of my fondest memories with my mom was when we went to the American Girl store in L.A. Ever since I was little, I have loved American Girl Dolls and playing with them and dressing them. They are like my little children! When we were in California quite a few years ago, my mom made a reservation at the American Girl Store to have lunch and walk around. I brought one of my American Girl Dolls and she got to each with us too! It was a really fun experience that I will remember for the rest of my life.

I love my mom so much and am so grateful for everything she has done for me. She has made an influence in my life and made me a better person. I don't know what I would do without her! I hope she knows how much I appreciate her. I love you Mom!





Christmas Advent GIF 9


Luke 2:3 - "And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city."



Always have hope,


Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments