Hope Week

Last week it was Hope Week at my school. They have this awesome program in my district called the Hope Squad. I don't know if other areas have it but I think it's a really neat thing. It's a group of student selected kids who are part of a suicidal prevention group. 


They sponsored activities throughout the week to help people become aware of suicide and the activities helped us understand the concern and problem that suicide is becoming in our society today. I think it’s hard for people sometimes to realize that there are a bunch of people on this earth who care about them and are here to help them. I know I often forget. 

As part of some of the activities throughout the week, they had students write things on a board that gave them hope. There were things like friends, family, school, food, etc. I think it’s very important for us to have things and people we can turn to when we are having a hard time. 

Having Hope Week at school really helped me to realize how important life is and that we need to make the most out of every day. 



Always have hope,


Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments