My Valentines Weekend

I decided to do my Valentine's Day post today when all the festivities were over. This weekend was very Valetiney and I was definitely in the spirit, and it made it even more fun. 

On Thursday my family went to the BYU Women's basketball game. Since it was almost Valentine's Day, they had lots of fun activities, and they played loved songs from Disney movies, so it made it really fun. 

Friday was kind of an interesting day. I did not have a Valentine; in fact I've never had one! It was kind of funny because both my brothers' had one and they were busy collecting treats and prizes to give to them. It was really cute what they did!

We had a Love assembly in the morning where they did different things. My two friends participated in what they called the "awkward relay". Some of the stuff they did was actually really funny. The freshman also won the Spirit stick too. 

And I was really happy because my friend got me a carnation! I also got to cheer for a JV game, so it was kind of a busy day!

Sunday was a wonderful day. We had a missionary homecoming talk and a farewell, and they were both sisters! They talked about feeling love for the ward members and giving service and love. 


Both of the lessons I had in Sunday School and Young Women's were both about love and caring for others. It really put me in the Spirit of showing love for others all the time

This Valentines Day has been different for me because I realized what this holiday is all about. It's about showing love to your family and friends and making sure that they know you care. 

It's interesting that we have a holiday to celebrate it, but it reminds us how we should always treat others with love and kindness. I hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day and remembered  how much you care for your family and friends. 



Always have hope,



Colby
  

You Might Also Like

1 comments