Beauty for Ashes Part 2

LDS temples give an awesome opportunity to the community in the few months before a temple is dedicated. They have an open house and allow people to go through and see parts of the temple. It's a fun thing to do with your family. 


I also had a great opportunity to go on a bride's tour with my mom and the girls from my ward. We got to see the bride's room and a couple other areas that aren't shown in the regular tour. It was very special. 

The couple that came and spoke to us described a lot of how the new temple was built. It was amazing to me to realize how much effort goes into building temples and how much they care about having it be as stable and safe as possible. 

They put many layers of water protection surfaces and other things to help protect the temple from being overly damaged. And because the 4 outside walls were the only ones that remained after the fire, they had to rebuild the whole inside of the temple. 

Learning about this miracle temple has helped me even better understand the importance of temples. I am grateful that I am able to have so many temples close to me and that I am able to participate in family history work and help those on the other side of the veil. 

I'm looking forward to the Provo City Center temple dedication this weekend as well as the cultural celebration. A lot of my friends are in it and I'm looking forward to watching them and the amazing performances they have put together. If you have the chance to watch the dedication and or the cultural celebration, I think it'd be a great experience. I'm grateful for temples and the amazing spirit they hold. 





Always have hope,




Colby


You Might Also Like

0 comments