I Was a Stranger

Last Saturday my mom and I watched the General Women's Session for all girls and women 8 and up. It's a part of General Conference that they added a few years ago and I love it. It's a great bonding and learning time for the women of the church to learn what we can do better. 

The speakers were amazing. My friends and I were commenting that it's crazy that they didn't plan a theme for the conference, the Spirit just prompted them to talk about things that we needed to hear. I felt the Spirit and learned a lot about what I can do to improve my life and other's. And I would like to share some of the things I learned from each of the talks. 



President Henry B. Eyring


He talked a lot about service and how we can make a difference in the lives of those around us. He suggested three things we can do to follow in the Savior's footsteps. 

"...the first thing you must commit to do is go and serve, knowing that you do not go alone. When you go to comfort and serve anyone for the Savior, He prepares the way before you."


"...remember the Lord as you go in service for Him"

"...the third thing I hope [you] will do is be modest about [your] good works..."


"...we grow closer to the Savior as we, out of pure love, serve others for Him."


 Neill F.Marriott         

Sister Marriott's thoughts were similar to Sister Burton's. Except she focused more on using our talents and abilities to share the gospel. 


"Following His plan and becoming a builder of the kingdom requires selfless sacrifice. 

We also build the kingdom when we speak up and testify of truth. We follow the Lord’s pattern. He speaks and teaches with the power and authority of God. Sisters, we can too. …"
Linda K. Burton

Her main focus was using our talents and divine nature to bless others.


"Sisters, we know that reaching out to others with love matters to the Lord."               


In association with Sister Burton's talk the church has set up the I Was A Stranger website to help people accomplish service and help the refugees and others in our areas. I think this website will be able to do a lot of good.


Always have hope,





Colby


You Might Also Like

0 comments