LDS

Embark in the Service of God

In relation to my post last week about the new "press forward" LDS youth theme for 2016, I thought I would write a little bit about last year's theme and what I learned from it. The last 3 years I've been in the young women's program, I think this was my favorite theme so far. 


The scripture that the theme was taken from was Doctrine and Covenants 4:2. It reads "O ye that embark in the service of God, see that ye serve Him with all you heart, might, mind and strength, that ye may stand blameless before God at the last day."

One of the things I really like about this scripture/theme is that it talks about embarking. Our life is a journey and we embark on different activities and things that can help us. And I think embarking in service is a good start. 

I also love the action part of this because it basically tells you what you need to do. When we embark in the service of God, we then need to serve Him with ALL of our heart, might mind and strength. Although it may seem hard at times, I do believe it can be somewhat simple. 

I was really inspired to want to do more service over the time that we had this theme, and from then on. In the past service has been somewhat of a burden to me and something that's not really fun. But service can be fun! And I think that it's all about the attitude you have while you're doing the service that really influences what you think about it. 

I learned a lot from the theme "Embark in the service of God". I learned a lot of things that I can do better in my life to be in the service of God, and to become a better person.
This is a video that some youth in my stake were featured in that shows how they "embark[ed] in the service of God". Enjoy!





Always have hope,


Colby


You Might Also Like

0 comments