Drivers Evaluation

Have you ever wondered how people with disabilities or have become paralyzed can adapt to driving? 


My mom set me up a drivers evaluation at the hospital to see what adaptions I would need for driving. It was kind of interesting but somewhat fun! 

We did a bunch of fun activities similar to what I did at Brain Balance. We tested things like vision, cognitive skills, memory, etc. It was interesting how it all can relate to driving in some way. 

It was kind of fun to see the results that came out of it. We found out that I need to get some adaptions for the car. I will need to get a knob to hook to the steering wheel along with some other controls like windshield wipers. 

And I'm also going to have a left pedal. They are going to cover up the right one so it will be easier to use. And the coolest thing about all of this is that it can be moved to different cars. 







Always have hope,





Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments