The Miracle of Personal Progress

I thought I'd write a little bit about a very crucial part of the church's Young Women's program, and that is Personal Progress. The purpose of Personal Progress is to help young women come closer to Christ and learn from the values in the book. 

In the opening page of the booklet it states:

You have a noble responsibility to use your strength and influence for good. Your loving Heavenly Father has blessed you with talents and abilities that will help you fulfill your divine mission. As you learn to accept and act upon the Young Women values in your life, you will form personal habits of prayer, scripture study, obedience to the commandments, and service to others. 

When I came into Young Women's I was so excited to get started that I finished Personal Progress and got the medallion on my 14th birthday. 

I want to share my thoughts on each one and some of the scriptures that are shared in the Personal Progress book. Some of the experiences for these values I think would be good for anyone to do to strengthen their testimony in the gospel. 


Faith

Faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true (Alma 32:21).
This is my favorite scripture because I love that image and thought of faith. This is the first value in the book and the experiences kind of set the tone for the rest of the book. 

Divine Nature

Be partakers of the divine nature. … Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; and to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; and to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity (2 Peter 1:4–7).

This is a value that I feel very grateful it is part of Personal Progress. Young Women these days often struggle to find their divine nature and the activities and scriptures in this section are a big help and comfort. 

Individual Worth


Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God (D&C 18:10).
Very similarly to divine nature, it is very important for us to recognize our individual worth and help others do the same.  

Knowledge
Seek learning, even by study and also by faith (D&C 88:118).

Knowledge is very important in life as we are learning about the gospel and educational studies. Gaining knowledge and sharing it with others can bring us a lot of joy. 



Choice and Accountability

Choose you this day whom ye will serve; … but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord (Joshua 24:15).

I think this is a crucial value to learn because we need to understand at a young age that we need to take accountability for our actions. 


Good Works

Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven (3 Nephi 12:16).
Service is a way that we can help others, but in a way it's helping ourselves. We can keep our mind off things that could be distracting or hurtful and lose ourselves in the service of others. 

Integrity
Till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me (Job 27:5).
This is an important value that my mom helped teach me about as I was completing the experiences, Integrity isn't just about being honest, it's about being trustworthy too. 

Virtue

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies (Proverbs 31:10).
Virtue is a quality that you don't often find in women of the world today so I feel it is extremely important for the young women of our day to learn. 

I am very grateful for the Personal Progress Program and all that it has taught me. My testimony has been strengthened immensely. I know that Personal Progress is a big help to any of the young women who do it. 




Always have hope,







Colby



You Might Also Like

0 comments