Grateful for Education

In one of my classes at school, my teacher's big focus is to help us become master students. A lot of the things that we do is to help us do better in school so that we can live successful lives. Another thing that we do often is have presenters come and talk to us about a variety of things. 

Last Friday we had a guy named Mike come and he is from Ireland. He began by telling us some of thew struggles and things that he had to deal with growing up in Ireland. Some of it was really heartbreaking and it made me more grateful for what I have. 

His main topic was talking about after school programs and how it can benefit any students. The statistics he shared were quite interesting about future successes and their parents' jobs. Although I've never had to go to an after school program, I'm sure it has helped a lot of people. 

Hearing his presentation made me think about education and how important it is. Education opens up many doors for people. You can get a steadier job and have the degree that you want. 

In my church we believe that whatever knowledge and learning we gain on earth, we take with us onto the next life. So education can be a life long blessing as well as carry on with us in the future. 

We are very fortunate in America to have so many places and ways that we can get an education and do the things that we want to. I'm very to be able to go to school and learn and grow in ways that I wouldn't be able to learn otherwise. I know it will continue to bless my life and I will be grateful for it forever. 

Always have hope,


Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments