Spiritual and Temporal Self Reliance

This month during Sunday School and Young Women's we are learning about spiritual and temporal self reliance. 


I think this is a very important thing for people to learn about when they are they are youth so that when we become adults and have to rely on ourselves. 

In Sunday School last week we talked about how to be self reliant in four areas. Spiritual, Physical, Emotional, and Financial.  I had never really thought of the need to be self reliant in a physical sense, but after the lesson I realized how important that really can be! 

I think it's especially important to learn to be self reliant in an emotional way. My mom tells me this all the time and she tells me how it can influence my life. I believe that if we are self reliant and steady emotionally, than the other parts of our lives will be in order too. 

In Young Women's we learned about unity and teamwork. I've learned a lot about teamwork this year from being on the cheer squad and having to rely on the girls on my team. We talked about why it's important to be unified in our young women's and in our families.   

I'm grateful that we are able to learn about self reliance and how it can help us in our lives. I really hope that I can become more self reliant through the lessons I learn this month. 




Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments