Young Women's in Excellence

On Wednesday night we had a young women's activity called Young Women's in Excellence. This is an activity that we do at the end of each year to celebrate the things that the girls in my ward have done in Personal Progress. 


We have a theme every year to make the night more fun. This year it was kind of a red carpet event, but instead we made it a royal blue carpet to make it more spiritual. The girls and leaders who planned it wanted it to be a divine nature theme and talk about how we are all daughters of God.  

They had a very fun and spiritual idea. A few weeks ago they had us fill out a paper that had some questions about Personal Progress and service that we've done throughout the year and how it has strengthened our testimonies. Then tonight they called us each up individually, and we got to walk the royal carpet while they shared things about us. We each chose one question that we wanted to talk about, and we told everyone about it. 

The question that I chose was, What Personal Progress experience was especially meaningful for you this year?

Since I received my Young Women's medallion on my birthday last year, I kind of took a break from it for a few months and now I'm doing it again so I can earn my Honor Bee. So I haven't done very much this year. 

But I did have the opportunity to read the Book of Mormon with some of the other young women. I think it was a good experience for me to have to read it on a schedule because it helped me to learn more. My testimony of the Book of Mormon was really strengthened because I had the chance to do that. 

I had a very fun and spiritual experience going to Young Women's in Excellence and learning more about my divine nature and the things that I can do. I hope I can continue to do Personal Progress and grow more. 

Always have hope,

Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments