AP

AP Human Geography Fun Facts

One of my classes this year is AP Human Geography. I wasn't expecting to take it at the beginning of the year, but it has been really fun!

I had never thought of studying the geography of people and the way they do things. I think there's a lot I can learn from taking this class. My knowledge has already grown so much and I have a better understanding of the world and the things that occur in it.

One of the first things things that we learned about was globalization and how it influences different parts of the world. Globalization is when a practice or culture is spread throughout the world. For example, technology has been globalized throughout the world. 

Globalization is also similar to diffusion. It's when something starts in an area and diffuses to other places. Like how hamburgers started in Germany, and then when they came to America, they were changed slightly. And then went they went to India, they got changed into a veggie burger.

One of the most interesting things I've learned so far this year is the situation with world hunger. A large percentage of the world, particularly in India, is malnourished and suffering from hunger. And one of the saddest parts is that we have more than enough food in the world to feed everyone, the countries are just more concerned about weapons more than food. 

We started a discussion on an interesting topic after one of our assignments last week. We've been learning about child birth and death rates all over the world. In our assignment we had questions about China's one child policy. Then we came back the next day only to have my teacher tell us that China changed their policy!

Well I hope this wasn't too boring for you to learn some fun facts about AP Human Geography! I've really enjoyed taking this class so far this year and learning more about our amazing world!




Always have hope,


Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments