Seeing Beauty

I had this brilliant idea for a post as I was riding the bus to school the other morning. My bus comes at about 7:00 so it is still really dark and cold outside end most of the time I just feel like sleeping! But the other day I noticed something I've never seen before. 

We were going down a road that gas houses on it, but you could see the mountains in the distance. There were lights on the houses in the mountains and you could see the Provo temple all it up. This made me realize something I never had before. The bus has gone by the road so many times taking us to school each morning, but I had never noticed the beauty right in front of me.

I think this is often the case in life. We only focus on what we are doing in our lives right now, which is great, but we don't focus on what's ahead. We need to focus on the future and what can become of what we're doing now. 

I was talking to my mom the other day and she gave me some really good advice on decision making, but I think it also relates to life. She said "When you make a decision... think about how you will feel after you decide. Will you feel better or worse depending on what choice you made. 

I thought this was awesome because it really makes you think before you decide on something. And it can help you look toward the future instead of looking just at what is ahead of you at the moment. 

In the future as I'm making decisions and trying to figure out what to do, I'm going to try and think about what's ahead of me and how the things I do will affect my future, and I hope you can do the same. 



Always have hope,




Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments