Sharing Kindness and Love

Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I wanted to do a post about love and kindness. Valentine's Day is a time when we get some extra practice with showing love and being kind. When everybody is in the mood, we tend to get in it too!

I think it is very important to be kind and show love because it makes other people feel good. If you are shown kindness, then you are more likely to show kindness to others. In my health class we talked about compassion and it was a very similar thing. If you are shown compassion, then you will pass it on to others.

Another reason it is good to be kind to others is it makes you feel better. For me, if I know that I've made someone else happy, then it makes me happy! And it doesn't take much to make someone's day better. A smile or wave in the hallway, a nice text or phone call. Anything that shows someone else that you care.

I'm excited for Valentine's Day tomorrow and the chance we get to show a little extra kindness and love to others. As you are going through your day, try and make a special effort to notice the people who seem lonely or sad and show them that you care. Hopefully this will help you recognize more what it feels like to be kind and to receive kindness. Happy Valentine's Day!




How do you show kindness?

Always have hope,
Colby

You Might Also Like

0 comments